WOW. seriously, how is it already 2018? In the spirit of new years’ resolutions and all that, I wrote a list of all promises I’m making myself for this upcoming year. Some of them more realistic than others, but with the intention of keeping every single one no matter how big or small.
1. I promise to give as much love as I have into the things that I love dearly. No more excuses for why I’m too busy. No more reasons why I don’t have the time. Just undying love for all the things I care most about.
2. I promise to not compare my day 1 to someone else’s day 1000. Everything in due time, darling
3. I promise to stop listening to old songs that make me nostalgic for a time I’ll never be able to relive again. I promise to stop torturing myself with the past.
4. I promise to renew my gym membership and use the actual fitness machines and not just show up for the free massages (and the tanning bed.)
5. I promise to stop letting myself get comfortable. To stop getting too used to my surroundings, and accidently taking them for granted.
6. I promise to make sure my friends know how much I love and value them.
7. I promise to be focused on spending my money on experiences rather than material items.
8. I promise to stop judging myself for drinking too much wine some nights. Some nights just call for a glass or two (or three) of chardonnay and that is perfectly okay.
9. I promise to spend more time with the people in my life at the moment. It seems like this is such a fast paced world, and you’ll never know when you’ll lose contact with someone. Cherish them while you know them.
10. I promise to drink more water. (and tea) because healthy skin is always a good look.
11. I promise to hold myself accountable to my actions. I promise to stop blaming others for the way I am or the things that I’ve done.
12. I promise to use the ample amounts of makeup in my room before buying more. It doesn’t matter what sale Sephora is having if I already have 6 of that thing.
13. I promise to stop being so concerned with how much money I spend on coffee and eating out. My happy place is in coffee shops and in trying new foods. There is no reason to be so concerned with a few dollars here and there.
14. I promise to go out more often than always staying in. I promise to not always let the introverted side of me win.
15. I promise to start new Netflix series instead of just watching re runs of the office and friends for the next year all over again.
16. I promise not to put myself in situations that deteriorate my mental health. Obviously mental health issues don’t just go away because you’ve decided theyre going to, but being conscious enough to put myself in the path to steer as clear from the things that form unwanted anxieties.
17. I promise to stop complaining about things I have no control over. (like Toronto transit. Yes, its unreliable and drives everyone crazy, but there is literally nothing in my power that can be done about it so there is no reason to whine about it all the time.)
18. I promise to be the best version of myself always. To show love and compassion in situations that aren’t always easy to. I promise to look back at the end of 2018 and feel more accomplished for the year than I can say about 2017. I hope I learn so many new things, and experience an insane reflection of self growth. And to that, cheers to new beginnings.
Happy New Year to all you beauties. Thank you for all your support over the last year. Here’s to the next chapter!